Inferior Good: Diminishing Marginal Stupidity in Action

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Online wine buying guide

Stephen Bainbridge (of Professor Bainbridge on Wine) offers online wine buying advice in his latest TCS column. Bainbridge asserts that the web is a great way to find small lot and cult wines that aren't available at your local wine shop(s).

Since shipping charges can add considerable cost to online wine purchases, I only shop online when I can’t find something locally (consistent with Mr. Bainbridge’s advice I suppose). I’ve had good experiences with both wine.com and K&L Wine Merchants. I feel K&L offers better descriptions than wine.com, but neither beats a conversation with the staff of a great local shop like Esquin or Pete’s.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
Web www.inferiorgood.blogspot.com