Inferior Good: Diminishing Marginal Stupidity in Action

Monday, July 24, 2006

"I will do what I do"

Last Thursday, the Wizards signed 6-foot-8 Lithuanian forward Darius Songaila to a 5-year, $23MM contract. The 4th-year player spent two seasons in Sacramento working with Pete Carril, the inventor of the Princeton offense the Wizards use. This WaTimes report quotes Darius thusly:

I like to come out and play the elbow game," Songaila said. "I can take a big man outside and go around him. This team is good for me because it has players like Gilbert and Antawn Jamison. You won't see me doing a lot of crazy dunks but I will do what I do. I'll be an outside threat and I'll do some passing, play good defense.

I imagine Songaila delivering this quote with an ice cold stare and thick accent ala Captain Ivan Drago (Dolph Lundgren) in Rocky IV. I really like the "…I will do what I will do" part. He could mean shooting/passing/picking from the top of the key, or he could mean slicing opposing players’ Achilles tendons with razor tipped shoes, kidnapping their children, etc. Either way, he'll improve the Wizards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Google
Web www.inferiorgood.blogspot.com